Funding & Grants
Coronavirus Exceptional Funding
Click the link for: Coronavirus Exceptional Funding Report
The Pupil Premium is allocated to Local Authorities who pass it to schools with pupils from Reception to Year 11 who are eligible for Free School Meals, are looked after or have parents currently in the Armed Forces.Pupils who have been eligible for free school meals at some point over the past 6 years receive the Pupil Premium.
"Ofsted recognises the concern raised by headteachers that there are vulnerable pupils in need of support who are not eligible for Pupil Premium funding - if an intervention is required for 100 pupils and, of these, only 60 are eligible for Pupil Premium funding, then 60% could be funded with Pupil Premium money (for accounting purposes), with the remaining 40% being funded by other sources. This allows schools to meet the needs of all children in their schools, and use the Pupil Premium funding to create economies of scale - Ofsted highlighted this approach in their second report on the Pupil Premium (Feb 2013)" The Pupil Premium - from the updated guide by Marc Rowland (Deputy Director of the National Education Trust.
The PPG Allocation for the Academic Year 2019-2020 was £58,657.
For more information please read or download the associated document, which has been produced following guidance published by EES for Schools/Governors, November 2016
PE & Sport Premium
The school receives PE & sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. This funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
- The objectives of the PE & sport premium are:
- The engagement of all pupils n regular physical activity.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement/p>
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
The total funds received for the academic year 2019/20 was £16330. For more information please read or download the associated document.
To keep reading this content on the go, scan the QR code to the left with your Smartphone.